When I bought the roman blinds in Sprout’s room I had to shorten them to make them fit the size of our windows so I had a bunch of these pieces left. I decided to turn them into a set of placemats for us. Here’s what I did:
I found this vintage bike image I liked; it’s here if you’re interested but it can be anything that strikes your fancy. You could personalize stuff here too.
There are a bunch of tutorials on stenciling using freezer paper so I won’t do one right now but I’m attaching a link for you.
So now we have new placemats, I worked the scraps (the felt) and I reused the pieces I cut off those shades. All I had to buy was the bias tape and the white fabric paint for stenciling.
This project took me a few days…maybe because I’ve had a rough week with my boys. They were quite challenging so needless to say that I’m happy to start a new week. Praying for a more cooperative brood. Yes, yes I am.